Strawberry Crêpes*. The filling tastes like cream cheese. The outer shell is so chewy and delicious. And the strawberry topping is so sweet, but not CANDY sweet.
I had a hard day. My MommyJob was tiring, and then I had to go to the job that pays money... and it's still a slog. You see, the Pet Trainer who was working there before me left in the middle of the classes. Everything is an unholy mess. Trying to make sense of her old classes and all the paperwork is going to give me an ulcer, seriously.
So to come home and be able to whip together something really tasty (and really healthy!) is incredibly nice. I can't even tell you how wonderful it is.
And, hey, we even have enough for breakfast tomorrow!
5-6 RIPE bananas
1 c macadamia nuts
1 c cashews
1 large lemon, juiced
4 tsp honey
2 tsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp water
1 1/2 c strawberries
1-2 Tblsp raw honey
For crêpe shells:
1. Place bananas in a food processor and blend until smooth
2. Remove from processor and spread about 1/8 inch thick onto a Teflex sheet on top of a dehydrator screen.
3. Dehydrate for 14 hours** or fewer. (Begin checking the bananas a few hours before to make sure they are formed, pliable, and solid in texture, but not getting crispy)
4. Remove from dehydrator and slice into strips (about 4"x2").
1. Place filling ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
For strawberry sauce:
Combine strawberries and honey in a good processor and blend until smooth.
1. Pour strawberry sauce onto plate in a thin layer so as to cover bottom of plate.
2. Place scoops of filling onto banana fruit leather strips and roll up. Place on plate with enough room in between so each crêpe is not touching.
3. Pour strawberry sauce over the rolled up crêpes.
Note: It's important to let the crêpes sit for at least a couple of hours with the strawberry sauce on top. The sauce will soften the fruit leather and make it "crêpe-like" instead of hard and chewy***. These are also great the next day!
** Mine went for about 8-9hr and they were ready to go.
*** We liked the chewy texture, although I'm sure they're just as awesome when softened by the strawberry sauce.